Banana Llama Studios is a Gold Coast recording studio designed and built by Luke Garfield as a recording and mix facility. It features vintage recording equipment and high quality instruments to create warm and character filled recordings of your music. The studio is suitable for recording, producing and mixing a wide variety of music projects. Call: 0424579416 or contact me.
Banana Llama Studios is set up for:
- Single, EP & Album Recording
- Singer Songwriters recording & production
- Music Production
- Music Mixing
- Overdubs and Mixing as a suppliment to a larger studio session done elsewhere.
- Online Mixing
- Pre Production & Arranging Sessions
$60 per hour with engineer – overdubs & solo artist sessions (generally a 2 hour minimum applies but call for more details)
$400 per day – solo artist projects & overdubs (8 hr day +. This rate can also be obtained by purchasing an 8 hour block upfront which can then be used in a number shorter sessions e.g. 2 x 4hrs sessions or a 5hr session + 3 hrs mixing etc).
$550 per day – full ensemble rate e.g. bands, string quartets etc. (8 hr day + engineer).
Workshops & Short Courses
Banana Llama Studios are excited to announce that they are now running audio recording, songwriting and music production workshops. These workshops are run by Luke Garfield and are design for beginners to intermediate recording artists and musicians. See the Banana Llama Studios website for more details and dates for these audio recording, songwriting and music production short courses.
Studio Equipment List
- Apogee Ensemble
Pres & Outboard
- 4 x TAB V376 Pre Amps (Class A German 1960’s)
- Custom 2 channel valve Pre/DI (Ukraine 1960’s)
- FMR RNC (Real Nice Compressor) 1773
- Lomo 19a9 – Russian Valve Mic (think Neumann U-47)
- RODE K2 Valve Mic (great all round vocal mic)
- Electro Voice RE320 (beautiful broadcast style vocal mic)
- Golden Age Projects Mk II (ribbon mic)
- Golden Age Projects FC4 (small diaphragm condensers)
- Blue Baby Bottle
- Rode NT1 (original Australian made)
- AT2020 (x2)
- Audix OM6
- Tascam M312 – 12 Channel Analog Mixer
- Quested VS2108
- Equation Audio RP-21
- Monoprice Over Ear Headphones x 4
- Avantone Mixcube
- Logic Pro 9
- Focusrite Liquid Mix 32
- Izotope Ozone RX2 (Audio Restoration)
- Waves, Sonnox, McDSP, Elysia, Soft Tube, Brainworx & Melda Productions Plugins
Instruments, Amps etc.
- Orange Dual Terror & 2 x 12 cab
- ’79 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe
- Taylor D4 Acoustic Guitar
- iPad stand
Larger Studio Arrangements
If you need a larger recording space I can make arrangements to record drums and a full band simultaneously. I have worked in many studios and am comfortable with most setups/software/equipment so I’m happy to work with you at a studio of your choice or I can recommend some. I also enjoy bringing gear into a non-studio spaces (houses, churches, warehouses, barns etc.) and recording “on location” which can also be a great experience.
Mobile: 0424 579 416
Or contact me using the contact form here.